Best Shoes For Toddlers With Wide Feet
Searching the best shoes for toddlers with wide feet needs extra attention. The journey of your baby from sitting to crawling and cruising to walking is a period full of excitement and tremendous joy. This is the peak time when your toddler needs proper care of feet as well as appropriate shoes.
Feet and shoes play a master role for toddling. So first observe the shape and size of your sweetheart and then pick the best footwear to make his new steps smooth.
Oh! You find your kid having wider feet than average?
Don’t worry! We will provide a complete guide for the best shoes for babies with fat feet and all that you need to know about wide feet. After a deep research, we selected shoes for junior boys that not only alleviate the issues but also help kids develop proper arches.
Table of Contents
Guide Before You Buy Best Shoes for Toddlers With Wide Feet
Gone are the days when you had a little choice of shoes for babies with fat feet but now a wide range of wide fit toddler shoes is there. Before you fish out wide fit toddler shoes, you must look for these features:
Buy Online 10 Best Shoes for Toddlers with Wide Feet
1: See Kai Run, Boy’s Russell Casual Sneaker for Toddlers and Kids
See Kai Run footwear company was founded in 2004, and because of all desirable features, soon in 2007, emerged as the international level brand. See the stirring story behind the modeling of SEE kAI RUN”,
“In 2004, a Seattle mom was on a quest to find a shoe that was best in health and design for her son’s feet. She was looking for fun, sophisticated styles that also promoted healthy foot development; but she didn’t find any, so she created See Kai Run. Today, a dedicated team of footwear makers and designers carry on this mission. Our experience and footwear knowledge ensure that every style we produce is fun, fashionable, and features the finest in materials and craftsmanship.”
- Canvas upper and leather racing stripes for stability and safety while playing
- The rubber herringbone pattern outsole for great traction
- The protective toe cap is there for protection and durability.
- Removable insole which may be replaced with orthotic sole when needed.
- The roomy toe box, a key feature for the chubby feet offers ample splay out for toes to wiggle.
- Flexible style to develop balance and strengthen muscles of little feet.
- A double hook and loop straps for wider feet offer a wide opening, easy on and off facility, and secure fit.
- The padded collar prevents rubbing and blisters around the ankle and tongue,
- The midsole offers great comfort plus shoes are well-suited for your early walkers with fat feet.
- Certified by American Podiatric Medical Association for its standards for foot health and functionality.
- leather and synthetic material, used in the manufacturing of these shoes.
2: Crocs Kids' Classic Clog | Slip On Shoes for Boys and Girls | Water Shoes
Crocs is an American company, that distributes and once manufactured foam clog shoes. Crocs was founded by Lyndon “Duke” Hanson, and George Boedecker Jr. to produce and distribute a foam clog In 2002.
- Children need their easy off and easy on
- The ventilation pores provide breathability and shed water and debris.
- Holes for odor-resistance to make the clogs non-stinky.
- Rubber soles provide the tiny feet good traction to take their first steps confidently.
- Everywhere to wear, while playing in the dirt, on the beach, in the playground, or in the backyard.
- Babies love to wear them for their casual outings and as their summer shoes.
- Easy to clean and washable
- Croslite foam provides great comfort to the soft feet of tots.
- Backstrap attached to give a secure fit but can be turned forward to offer a slip-on facility.
- Extremely lightweight and perfectly suitable as first footwear for the toddler boys and girls.
- The rounded toe box is as roomy as to fit the wide and chunky feet also.
- Made of a fully molded Crocs Croslite material for typical Crocs comfort.
- Flexible to the extent that chubby feet child would love it to wear.
- Wide range of colors
- 100%synthetic material
- The roomy and rounded toe box
- Wide feet friendly
- Good traction
- Not good for direct heat
- Go for one size bigger than the required.
3: Saucony Kids' Baby Jazz H&l-K Sneaker best shoes for toddlers with wide feet
Saucony jazz a well-known brand offers but superb sneakers for kids as well. Saucony jazz offers a wide range of running and walking shoes, with the Saucony trademark fit, feel, and company spent years studying the biomechanics of top athletes.
Their goal is to develop creatively engineered systems to maximize your performance, facilitating you to focus on the activity instead of the equipment. Advanced technologies like Grid, the first sole-based stability, and the cushioning system, are innovative Saucony concepts.
- Two-tone sole and suede upper which suits all the cute outfits.
- The rounded toe box with ample space is perfect for the comfort of your wide feet toddlers.
- The wide-open upper and the roomy fit of the shoes fulfill the needs of toddlers even with chubby feet.
- Non-Marking rubber outsole gives the traction and flexibility which is highly required by fat feet of infants.
- Suede and nylon upper resist the stains while playing in the park or playground.
- Hook and loop closure make it easy for the kids to wear them on and off easily.
- Lightweight sole handles the weight of the toddler evenly and eventually assists him with great comfort and stability.
- People sometimes suspect the durability of the shoes because they are hand-stitched but their amazing hand stitching would surprise you when you experience these shoes.
- Although Saucony jazz is a bit higher in price, its features such as comfort, style, stability, and durability make it cost-effective.
- Not only toddlers but also kids of running and walking age feel fit for their performance.
- Colors variety more than a hundred.
4: Stride Rite Soft Motion Baby and Toddler Boys Frankie Athletic Sneaker
Stride Rite has been offering a huge choice of informal and formal shoes in the most outstanding styles since1919. With 85 years of experience Stride rite brand is the most loved and liked by the babies and moms.
While picking best wide shoes for toddler boys and girls we can’t help but choose this beautifully stylish and amazing product available both for boys and girls with very decent color and design.
- Best fitting shoes with great stability to the new walkers.
- Rubber sole provides good traction.
- Roomy toe box for the chubby feet to prevent rolling out.
- Ankle support with padded collar, they develop and strengthen the chunky feet in natural shape and improve feet alignment.
- Highly flexible and comfortable sneakers with elastic laces are fun footwear for infants.
- Rounded soles are supportive of crawlers also.
- Antimicrobial lining lessens smell.
- Hook and loop closure provides adjustability and or
- easy on and off facility for fat feet.
- Wide space prevents kids’ feet from rubbing and blisters.
- Good quality imported leather enhances durability and makes the footwear cost-effective.
- The soft footbeds of the shoes make the toddlers walking journey fast and smooth and lend them comfort.
- Seamless construction gives rise to the specialty and wide opening makes them easy to put on.
- Easy to clean even with a wet cloth and soap you can make them look like new, plus conditioner is also desirable for better leather care.
5: nerteo Best shoes for toddlers with wide feet Running/Walking Sports Sneakers
A beautiful product by Nerteo is there for your chubby feet toddler.
- The rubber sole gives a good grip on the floor to enhance the confidence of your new walker.
- Breathable Engineered knit and mesh upper keep the feet dry.
- Outsole with anti-skid rubber gives outstanding traction and durability to prevent kids from falling when they walk.
- Adjustable velcro closure is there for easy on and off and elastic laces provide a perfect snug.
- Made of lightweight material that proposes your toddler a better wearing familiarity.
- Pleasantly squishy and therapeutic from inside.
- A wide toe box provides the fat feet a pleasure and comfort.
- Good space prevents feet from getting tired and doesn’t trip.
- Quite washable. Set them out to dry and they would be just like new.
6: Weestep Toddler Little Kid Boy and Girl Classic Adjustable Strap Sneaker
Weestep is toddler boys and girls classic sneakers with a unique style and cute design. WeeStep is a historic brand for kid’s shoes, founded in 2010 in America. The brand immediately became compatible with technological know-how and scrupulously selected materials.
- The sole and toe cap made of high-quality rubber provides perfect traction and fall of feet.
- Stability and support to walk lessen the number of tumbles and falls in toddlers.
- Kids with wide feet need a space for little toes to stretch, and these shoes give ample splay out.
- Secure and custom adjustability provides a more secure fit and keeps the feet from slippage.
- Lightweight enough to make infants happy even after all day long workouts.
- Flexibly constructed, which makes your kids move in a way they wish to.
- Lined with breathable material, they are most suitable for soft little feet.
- Velcro closure makes them easy to put on and off by themselves, which makes them more confident and feel independent.
- Cute and sturdy sneakers are durable and contribute to adequate development and growth of little feet.
- The padded and thick sole is actually supportive and adorably carries well the feet.
- The fashionable style and eye-catching color.
7: Stride Rite Kids' SRT Wes Casual Sneaker Wide shoes for toddler boy
As always, stride rite accomplishes the quality and requirement of your infant’s. We selected this item for its prominent features that facilitate your new walker.
- Leather and suede, durability and comfort.
- Rubber pods on the outsole for grip on many surfaces.
- Rounded edges decrease stumbles and fall plus linings with anti-microbial treatment minimize the smell.
- Lightweight outsoles with maximum flexibility make them children’s love.
- Alternative closure with velcro provides adjustability and easy on/off.
- The brown color won’t show stains from the mulch and dirt and grass.
- Braces help toe walkers in, walking flat on the floor.
- Super wide and comfortable for bulky feet but also supportive in the footbed.
- Memory foam insoles and lots of padding with flexible but durable outsoles.
- Cute and flexible, with plenty of room in the toe box and the brown rubber lip on the toe hides.
- Tough leather on the toes meeting the tough rubber portion gives rise to durability.
- Pliable footwear made with soft yet sturdy, heavier and stiffer.
- Easy to machine wash, and classic colors make it simple to match with most outfits.
8: Reebok Infant/Toddler Classic Leather Sneaker, White, 0 Toddler
Reebok International Limited is an American footwear and apparel company. Since 2005, the company has been an assistant of German sporting goods giant Adidas. We have picked this classic sneaker by reebok best for your thick feet toddlers.
- The garment leather upper gives you superior comfort.
- Die-cut EVA midsole and lightweight cushioning provide support for new walkers for a long time.
- With low-cut from the arch increases ankle mobility.
- High abrasion rubber outsole offers durability and traction.
- One of the best shoes for toddlers with wide feet is ideal for walking, running, and daily wear with a lace-up fit.
- Pioneering leather upper can help steady your newest walker’s baby steps.
- Molded PU sock liner adds comfort and durability.
9: KEEN Kids' Newport H2 Water Shoe Best shoes for toddlers with wide feet
KEEN is an American footwear and accessories company based in Portland, founded in 2003 by Martin Keen and Rory Fuerst. The company’s products are sold in retail locations throughout the US and Canada and also are disseminated worldwide.
We have a unique pick in our wide feet toddler shoes list for you. These are summer sandals or water shoes for your fun-loving little baby.
- The inside of these sandals is nice and soft with a little arch support.
- Covered toe-box don’t let the sand or gravel get in them.
- The non-marking rubber sole gives grip even on the wet surface which is needed by new walkers for smooth steps without hurting them.
- Babies with thick feet can get ample room to wiggle and grow.
- Hook and loop closure provides easy on and off comfort which removes fatigue and struggles with shoes.
- Metatomical molded EVA footbed has high heat and cold resistance and is extremely durable which assures that every step is gently absorbed and keeps feet supported and comfortable.
- Their quick-drying webbing and breathable jersey lining are fine in and out water.
- If your baby has wide feet or in the habit of clenching his toes and it’s hard getting anything on his feet, these summer sandals are a perfect choice.
- The sturdy and lightweight sandals with a superior fit give ease to the chunky Lil feet. Straps a great quality.
- The curved front provides support against tripping.
- Washable even in the washer.
10: adidas Kids' Hoops Mid 2.0 Basketball Shoe Wide fit toddler shoes
Adidas is a multinational corporation, founded on August 18, 1949, and headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, that designs and manufactures shoes, clothing, and accessories. It is the biggest sportswear manufacturer in Europe, and the second-largest in the world, after Nike. These Basketball inspired sneakers will be a lovely surprise to your toddlers.
- The beautiful color and trendy style of these shoes make them the best shoes for toddlers with wide feet
- Quality is not compromised.
- 100% synthetic imported quality material assures its durability.
- Rubber sole provides good traction on every type of surface and lessens the chance of falls as a consequence of slipping.
- TPU material outsole makes it extremely flexible and smooth to the touch, and rubber cup sole gives the shoes classic hoops style.
- Shoes have synthetic nubuck and knit textile upper with good breathability.
- They are lightweight with EVA midsole which makes them fun for newly walking minies.
- Boot opening measures approximately 0-3 inches around the ankle providing ankle support and boosts the speed of infants.
- Also, the wide opening makes it easy to put on.
- OrthoLite Float sock liner along with anti-microbial properties makes them fast walking and running shoes.
- Laces provide perfect super-fit although that enclosure is not much easy for kids to put on and take off.
- Wide and roomy inside offers toddlers feet a space to grow and expand freely.
- Even thick feet feel comfortable in these shoes
Tips and Suggestions Regarding Toddler Feet
- Babies need their first pair of shoes just to prevent any mishap from hurting their feet with some substances on the ground.
- The barefooted walk will let tiny feet grow and allow the muscles to develop tone and strengthen.
- Only socks and booties are enough to keep their feet warm.
- But when you go for shoes to protect their feet, make sure they fit properly so that their feet develop in a good way and can avoid foot issues later in life.
- When toddlers start walking on their own confidently after a period, provide them with firmer soled footwear.
- As children’s feet grow quickly, it’s admirable to measure your baby’s feet regularly.
- Keep changing their footwear every three to four months until the age of five. After that growth slows down so you might replace shoes every five to six months.
- True, toddlers’ feet grow fastly and they need new shoes every two to three months. So don’t go for highly expensive baby shoes, but pick the perfect size and shape.
Exercises that Help Your Toddler in his First Step
We will tell you how to help the mini human.
Your baby needs to develop adequate strength in his legs to bear his body weight, as well as the confidence to stand and walk on his two feet. So the average age when children start walking is nearly 15 months.
Yes, you can perform some exercises to help your toddler improve balance, build strength, and prepare for walking.
Cruising: Infants practice walking by “cruising” back and forth alongside a couch or bed. Help your child stand next to a sofa and let him hold on with one hand and you hold his other hand for balance. If he needs an incentive, place his favorite toy on one end of the sofa for him to walk to.
Sitting on a Stool: When your kid is able to sit without help, let him sit on a small stool without any support on his back. Make sure to stay nearby for his help and safety. His feet must be touching the floor so that he may push against it. His knees and hips must be at a 90-degree angle. Now ask him to stand and fetch his toys and sit back on the stool. It would help him strengthen different muscles, your baby’s legs, back, and shoulder muscles.
Cruise and Kick: while walking with furniture, give him a lightweight foam ball to kick with his feet. For this purpose, he would lift his legs and it would give his leg muscle strength.
Walking practice: Help your child to walk by holding him from his arms and drag him in front so he naturally lifts his steps. keep practicing and slowly leave him on his own. But stay nearby to hold if he falls.
Do these practices repeatedly every day.
Walk barefooted: Footwear helps their feet to protect from injury and from the heat and cold.
But children learn to walk easily while barefooted. So let them go barefoot as often as possible to encourage balance, coordination, and posture.
Buying best shoes for toddlers with wide feet might be a hectic task and getting shoes for a baby with wider feet is even more time-consuming. It seems there is less variety of shoes than for a kid with narrower feet. But we have tried to give you the best possible for your baby with fat feet.
Hopefully, you enjoyed our guide to the best toddler shoes for wide feet.
Surely, you will get the best footwear for your kids which you would like for sure. Please leave a comment on and don’t forget to share.
Frequently Asked Questions and answer
Q.1: should I hand over a pair of shoes to my next baby?
Ans: Yes, as babies’ feet grow faster than the shoes worn and torn out. So if the size and shape match it can be used for the next one. And no, if length and width might not fit the other one.
Q.2: How can I measure my child’s feet at home?
Ans: You can use a measuring gauge if available, otherwise draw your baby’s feet on a paper and then measure the image on paper. Go with the wider foot. To accommodate socks and growth, add half an inch extra to length.