Best Shoes For Pregnant Nurses in 2021
She implored me to google some best shoes, enriched with features like lightweight, low heel, nice arch support, a slip-on, slip resistance, etc. Yes, might be you are on the right side, my friend as a nurse while pregnant wanted me to search for shoes for pregnant nurses that would be a super comfortable driver for her swelling feet.
I realized her busy and arduous routine, so I plus my ingenious team spent many hours on the purpose. In short, I suggested to my dear friend, 10 best shoes for pregnant nurses. She picked one and merrily recommended it to her other colleagues as well.
2020 is considered to be the year of a nurse. In western countries nurses and midwives make up more than 50% of the health workforce and it is expected from BLS that the U.S. will call for fresh 200,000+ nurses per year from now until 2026, including up to more than one million additional nurses. Such facts reveal the significance of nurses so we surely feel glad to add ease to their honorable profession.
Our more than 11 hours of deep search based on multiple authentic sites, related queries, and reviews, represents the best shoes that are proven capable and desirable. As your emergency runs cry for desired comfortable shoes, so pick confidently from our picky including healthy information and guidance for you as well. Let’s go together down and down the page for the best shoes for pregnant nurses.
Table of Contents
Features to Be Considered Before Buying Best Shoes for Pregnant Nurses
You are a true professional, your job is hectic yet very respectable and vital for society, so why compromise selection of an item on which you have to stand and run all day. Talk over before purchasing is worthy rather than Jumping to choice. Being a pregnant nurse, shoe selection becomes more sensitive, so keep in mind the following ins and out features for the purpose.
Bending Is hard while pregnant, so pick the shoe which can be put on easily with fewer fasteners or laces. Easiness is a major concern, that’s why it’s better to click on the slip-on shoes.
Yes, a long heeled shoe might be a painful deal during pregnancy. Your safety means simply the safety of your baby and your patients as well. A low heel is a first and foremost required feature so that to avoid from fall down or slipping on the smooth floor of the hospital. Don’t put your foot in it.
Shoes with slip resistance grip consist of a tread pattern that helps to resist against glassy surfaces. Along with it, such shoes will give you the peace of mind and relaxed feelings that your speedy walking would be safe and secure.
Shock absorption shoe technology is proven support for your ankles, knees, and hips as well. Acting as an active guard against foot injuries, shock absorption shoes enhance your comfort level while walking or running as well. These are featured with Gel, memory foam, thick rubber outsole, deeper heel cup, EVA midsole, etc.
It is so irritating during job hours if your shoe gets wet by syrup or any other liquid. You don’t have sufficient time to make them dry. So, help yourself to pick a shoe that is waterproof or spill resistance. Such shoes are easy to clean, easy to dry, and we know being comfortable is your main want.
It’s not the job you do, it’s how you do the job. So if you put something on like in a party but actually you are in hospital. No doubt professional look demands a decent dress up and shoes.
Nice Arch Support
Your foot arch demands for arch support that are inserts placed into shoes. Arch support soles are fruitful for your whole body health, actively reduce common foot pain, and distribute pressure across your arches. For stability and balance, arch support shoes are best.
No doubt rubber sole is a proven strong grip guard, helping you to walk and run confidently on slippery tiles.
Get a Bigger Sized Shoe
It is better to go for a relatively bigger sized shoe, as per your body size variations.
10 Best Shoes For Pregnant Nurses Detailed View
We all care that your care for patients makes your feet standing all day. Comfortable, and confident minds are in need of smart and reliable wearings for appreciable output. But making the right choice particularly for shoes is time-taking and confusing. For your ease why not have a brief look at some of these, I hunted for many hours, so that they are easy to pick and buy online. Keeping all vital features in the notice, a well-guided description of the best shoes for pregnant nurses are highlighted below.
1: Sticky Shoes - Women's Cute Nursing Shoes - Waterproof Slip-Resistant - Keep Nursing
For many professionals adapting a decent look is mandatory which empowers relaxed feelings. So look at stick shoes’ smart look illuminating with awesome features. Following Reviews reveal that these shoes allow you to run as fast as required without hesitation of being slipped on smooth floors of hospitals. Loved by ICU nurses who work for 12-hour shifts because it is non-slip, lightweight, and roomy around the toes. Let’s get the idea and other pinpoints regarding the best shoes for nursing.
- Synthetic Material: a synthetic material that is waterproof, so easy to clean through the wet cloth.
- Removable insole: Easily removable insole so easy to wash plus Non-slip outsoles.
- Absorbent footbed: For putting right the lacking issue of breathability, appears usually in waterproof shoes is managed by absorbent footbed.
- Anti torsion system: It is a thermoplastic arch bridging the heel and the forefoot hold good to assist the forefoot and rearfoot to move independently.
- Colors: Easy color choice as available in almost 17 colors and shades.
- Size: Ranges from 5 to 11
Top TIPS: ✡️ Ideal to put it on with socks. ✡️ You can add an extra insole for reducing muscle fatigue in feet and legs. ✡️ Remove dust or stains using a light wet cloth or soft brush. ✡️ Polish regularly. ✡️ Petroleum jelly is suitable to soften so that it prevents cracking.
- 90-day warranty for manufacturing defects
- Works in unalike environs without getting wet
- Shock absorbers, legendary comfort
- Light in weight waterproof shoes
- Sooo simple yet decent professional look
- Maybe less breathability room
- Not very high in quality
2: L LOUBIT Women Platform Nursing Shoes Slip On Wedge Sneakers Comfort Walking Loafers
Fast and latest fashion loves LOUBIT, serves as a prominent star for many years. With a good sense of three-dimensional unique style and shape. It offers the best shoes for pregnant nurses having features with breathable, soft, and standard mercerized cotton. Without compromising on quality LOUBIT Platform shoes are soft, good fit, and comfortable. So click to buy so that you can comfortably work standing all day long.
Alert thing is, as the front side of the shoe feels a bit tapered, so a size double-check is vital particularly for wide-legged nurses.
- Material: upper is made up of PU(polyurethane) which is more breathable as compared to other types of synthetic leather, such as PVC.
- Slip-on design: No hassle to bend over for fastening laces.
- Sole: PU outsole with air cushion along with comfortable foam insole plus light PU wedges rocker outsole.
- Platform: Measures approximately 1.92″.
- Size: Starts from 5.5 to 10
- Color: White and black only.
- Slip-resistant, not make you fall
- Air cushion lows the pressure while walking or standing
- Dressy and fancy
- Suitable for all seasons
- Applaud able durability
- Little bit expensive
3: STQ Slip On Breathe Mesh Walking Shoes Women Fashion Sneakers Comfort Wedge Platform Loafers
STQ story as “STQ offers lightweight, flexible footwear from a premium line of casual comfort products in stylish and sophisticated silhouettes to Lifestyle Classics with a preppy sport influence. Known for high quality, STQ has been an industry leader for the casual shoe market,” Yes for flexible and real comfortable this shoe for nursing is highly recommended. Unique designed and highly slip-resistant shoes enable you to work effectively for long hours and receive compliments as well.
- Material: Upper material is a mesh-like sock (durable knit upper) with a synthetic sole.
- Sole: PU outsole with air cushion and shock absorption EVA insole plus Texture MD anti-skid sole prevent foot to slip.
- Slip-on Design: Easy to wear.
- Toe Region: Wide round toe for toe stand giving suitable room.
- Elastic Cuff: For easy to put on and take off
- Size: From 5.5 to 8.5
- Colors: In 15 colors and shades
- lightweight, flexible and breathable, even bounce back with your step
- Match all pants, dress, tops, Nice for matching lovers
- Suitable stretchability allows the foot to secure fit
- Arch support memory foam insole
- Slip-on design with Elastic Cuff with
Reduces leg pain including knee, foot, ankle
- Heel is little bit high
4: Crocs Women's Specialist Ii Vent Clog for "crocs specialist ii vent clog" best shoes for pregnant nurses
Crocs Commenced from 2002, now is the seller of hundreds of millions of shoes and assemble appreciation from the professional community. Suitable toe room, well-engineered ventilation holes, and slip-on features make its place in YES criteria,
- Material: 100% Synthetic means artificial leather
- Sole: Rubber sole
- Side panels: A Croslite footbed and Vented side panels.
- Shaft measures: approximately not_applicable from arch
- Thicker toe: The thicker toe and metatarsal regions protect feet from spills.
- Footbeds: Contoured footbeds for desirable arch support and nubbed foam footbeds for extra comfort.
- Color: Black, White, Navy, Slate Grey
- Size: 6 to 17 for women
- High quality so tend to be long-lasting
- Waterproof and easy to clean
- Shoes that let your feet breathe
- Odor and spill-resistant and Ventilated
- Allow the feet to breathe in hot climates/ summer best
- Expand and bend naturally, lows fatigue
- Little arch support
5: Dansko Women's Professional Clog Best Shoes For Pregnant Nurses
The shoe is momentous as the story behind the company establishment. The basic aim before Dansko is to look smart together with comfortable feelings. This pure and high efficient Dansko would make your feet dance. So confidently put it on and enjoy your job. With an appealing look, having many color and pattern options, it reduces arthritis in the ankle and plantar fasciitis in the foot. It makes you run and work as you desire.
- Material: 100% Leather which is imported
- Sole: Polyurethane sole with rocker bottom and Wide heel
- instep collar: Padded instep collar for a comfortable and smooth walk
- Toe box: Roomy toe box with good enough “wiggle room” to shield the foot from injuries.
- Color: Multicolored and stunning variety in style, check Floral metallic as well
- Size: Ranges from 4.5 to 13
- Noble Arch support and true comfort
Good Shock absorption
- Heel strike for considerable stability
- Variable heel height, pick as required
- Awesome shiny finish look
- Look at the tiny sweety prints as well
- Accepted by the APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association).
- Oops! Costly it is, but if can afford then it is one of best
6:Skechers Performance Women's Go Walk 3 Slip-On Walking Shoe
SKECHERS innovate shoes as per user’s requirements. both for men, and for women, it weighs below 200 grams per trainer. Memory foam Skechers are easy to mold offering enhanced comfort and cushioning. Here we added slip-on Skechers shoe to make you a desired professional while pregnant.
- Material: pure Mess Fabric/Synthetic, Skech Knit Mesh fabric upper with subtle chevron texture design
- Sole: Made up of rubber, 1 1/4 inch heel height, adaptable foam padded heel, and vamp, Full-length Goga mat return energy insole
- Size: Ranges from 5 to 12 with wide and extra-wide options
- Color: In 15 color options
- Nice shock and sweet absorption shoe
- Lightweight with an effective professional
- Slip-on and slip-resistant
- Good support for the arch and plantar fasciitis
- Be careful while sizing
7: Crocs Women's Neria Pro Ii Clog | Slip-Resistant
Crocs Commenced from 2002, now is the seller of hundreds of millions of shoes and assemble appreciation from the professional community. Crocs’ shoe products are also one of them which make you a true believer. Decent looking shoes run down the pain in the leg and knee. The desired additional height is praised by those who have a short height.
- Material: Imported and 100% synthetic material which is waterproof, so easy to clean through the wet cloth.
- Sole: Rubber sole plus Moisture Wicking Liner reducing moisture from your skin during any physical activity.
- Footbed liners: Footbed liners are movable plus washable.
- Color: Multicolored, variable prints and style, check Tropical Floral/Black.
- Toe regions: toe regions are thick to save feet from spills.
- Graphics Designed: A superb design for a comfort fit.
- Shaft measures: approximately not_applicable from arch
- Size: Ranges from 6 to 11
- CERTIFIED COMFORTABLE SHOES
- Fully ASTM F2913-11 tested, CE Certified.
- Meets or exceeds EN ISO 20347:2012, OB, SRC.
- Slip-resistant, spill-resistant
- A roomy fit shoe with meet workplace standards
- Molded clogs easy to clean and dry
- lightweight s give u additional height
- Easy to clean using soap and water, easily dry
- May sweet your foot little,
8: Easy Spirit Women's Traveltime Mule Best Shoes For Pregnant Nurses
Easy spirit with sure pours spirit to your job. The company prevails over the shoe field because of a firm grip, durability, lightweight, and wide-ranged color and style options. Giving break to an Easy spirit would be a compliment receiving choice as well. In a balanced way, it covers the features of simplicity and attractiveness. Emerging from the 80’s era, it is still successful to hold its own in the current fast and competitive era. Keeping in view the hard job of nurses it offers a shoe we found after the long run and now placing before you.
- Material: Its pure leather
- Sole: Completely rubber sole so perfectly slip-resistant, with a removable insole, durable outsole.
- Shaft measures approximately not_applicable from arch
- Size: from 5 to 8 with wide narrow and extra-wide options
- Color: Seriously hard for me to count, it is just a good deal of color, must check floral look too if you need some extra style.
- Removable insoles so easy to replace if needed
- Lightweight and flexible
- Good support for the arch and plantar fasciitis
- Super choice for clog lovers
- Easily put on and removed,
- Easy to clean, spot resistant
- Some raise questions about its quality that it is a little bit low as compared to other EasySpirit shoes.
9: Women's Cute Memory Foam Nursing Shoes Flats Elastic Goring - Printed - Florence Sunny
Healthcare brains introduce the latest, nice, quite comfortable, and lightweight nursing shoes, available in many colors. These shoes, having well cushions on the arch and heel, are Ideal for those professionals who spend a lot of time on their feet. All exclusive prints will add a great style to your routine. The company itself recommends you to order a half size smaller for the reason that they run a little bit big, so be alert while sizing.
- Material: Upper is made up of Polyester based on superb quality, fabricated.
- Sole: Memory foam insoles with cushioned footbed but insoles are fixed.
- Colors: Available in black and white with and without prints as well. Prints on shoes are in accordance with professional style.
- Size: ranges from 6 to 9
- Easy on and off with side elastic gore
Easy to clean and dry
- Breathable, very light in weight
- The elastic gore helps the shoes adjust to the shape of your feet.
- Happy budget
- Appealing professional design Get the compliments
- Absorbent and dirty easily
Be alert while sizing.
10:Skechers Women's Go Walk Joy Walking Shoe
If you’re not familiar with Skechers it’s weird, give it a try. It is awesome created to be lightweight and let you free from agony and strain feelings. Founded in 1992, it carries the weight of about 200 to 300 grams per shoe for men, and for women, it weighs below 200 grams per trainer. Memory foam Skechers are easy to mold offering enhanced comfort and cushioning. Here we added slip-on Skechers shoes to make you a desired professional while pregnant.
- Materia: Made up of fabric with, breathable mesh upper
- Sole: Skechers Goga Max high rebound insole, with Parametric cushioned 5Gen midsole and synthetic outsole.
- Shaft: Measures approximately low-top from arch
- Soft fabric lining and padded collar
- Color: waoo! enjoy a wide option consisting of 18 colors.
- Size: from 5 to 13
- Memory foam technology
- Very lightweight and superb shock-absorbing shoe
- Easy to wash with cleanser gel or mild detergent and a soft cloth
- The longevity of support is noteworthy
Easy to put on and take off as without laces or fasteners
- Few complaints regarding sole which is not as supportive as other Skechers
- Not waterproof but waterproof spray can add some level of weatherproofing
Why We Choose best Shoes for pregnant nurses to Review
First and foremost our hearts are filled with your respect. So, our little contribution to represent ideal shoes, as per your exact requirement is our honor. We can realize selecting shoes out of numerous nursing shoes particularly in the current situation, is wearying for every pregnant medical staff member. For best nursing shoes our prolonged search and ideas surely meet your desired comfort and active job.
Through our keen attention for shoes regarding style, affordable price, pros, and cons, plus basic features, we have designed this exceptional article for your ultimate guidance.
Occupational hazards and tips for pregnant nurses
Well, talk over regarding any matter is thoroughly up to the best. Nursing through pregnancy is in need of high care and precautions. We knew that you being a nurse is well familiar with the whole what’s what related to your job while pregnant but good to revise all ins and outs.
Pregnant Nurses Should Avoid
- COVID -19, a burning question has made all medical staff work day and night and changed all scenarios. changes in their bodies may enhance their risk of serious infection. For pregnant nurses, it is better to go for leave until delivery as it is the matter of your innocent baby.
- Exposure to hazardous material like chemotherapy drugs or cytotoxic drugs can be the reason for growth abnormalities in the fetus so, better to attempt standard safety precaution for the purpose. Don’t forget to put on PPE, wearing wraparound
- Pregnant Nurse must be allowed to avoid patients suffering from airborne diseases like TB, varicella-zoster infection, and of course coronavirus.
- Nurses are at risk of background radiation and direct ionizing radiation. According to a nurse named Odos specialized in OR regarding radiology dept
- “ According to the department head of the radiology dept of the hospital I work in- when you are pregnant you should be wearing two badges. The fetal badge you wear at waist level.”
Care Tips For Pregnant Nurses
- Go for working 8s instead of 12s. Try to spread out your shifts. Try to set the shift timings so that you can have better sleep and rest.
- Don’t forget to drink plenty of water, and use the bathroom whenever you can.
- In your nursing bag, add an-anti-nausea pack.
- Must be more careful and keep in touch with your consultant if you have a history of miscarriage, diabetes, BP, and request for more light duty.
- Exactly don’t lift heavy things or put extra force on anything.
- Body hormonal changes make your tolerance level change, maybe you become more hyper under work pressure. Try to be cool. for your fetal goodness
- Wear moisture-wicking fabrics in comfortable cuts.
- And exactly as per recommended, put on shoes, which are, slip-on, slip-resistant, low heeled, comfortable, and cushioning, etc.
- Wear moisture-wicking fabrics in comfortable cuts
Nursing the holy profession makes nurses dip into a sea of a continuous scuffle for the helpless. For sensitive and decent nurses, it’s hard to maintain a smart look together with buttress feelings, so we have tried to nurse all those nurses, particularly pregnant ones, to pick out confidently and buy the best shoes for pregnant nurses online from widely accepted companies. All shoes’ characteristics would be near to expectations which allow you to stand long on feet cheering and make you carry the day. For you being a mother and nurse at one body, it is hard to ignore a heartfelt thank you, as per your hardest job. Thanks again. God bless you.
Frequently Asked Q/A
Q1: Why do Pregnant nurses need a different shoe during pregnancy?
ANS: Being a nurse your body needs high energy apart from your foot needs something more because feet have had to hug shoes all day, so of course, less comfortable shoes will make you highly tiresome. And if you are a pregnant nurse your efficiency turns near to zero with unsuitable shoes.
A different shoe with necessary features like rubber sole, slip-on, slip resistance, extra cushioning, relatively bigger shoe, etc. are highly recommended.
Q2: What are the tips for professional shoe care?
ANS: Care tips for real leather or synthetic shoes: Dirt snatches shine so remove it regularly using soft light wet cloth or brush. Best is to mix a few drops of dish soap and one small spoon of baking soda in warm water. Rub it on the shoe through soft cloth for a few minutes and let them air dry.
Better to apply a leather conditioner regularly. Daily polish is advised plus the petroleum jelly is suitable for leather to soften so that it prevents cracking. Avoid placing in the sunshine for long hours, and rest overnight is good.
Care tips for Mesh shoes: Dip dirty mesh shoes in a small tub containing warm water and any suitable laundry detergent for at least one hour. Then rub through the soft brush and wash. The washer is another option, yet one spin is enough. For the washer remove the inner sole and laces prior. Bleach is not preferable even for white color shoes, as it damages color and effect fabric.
Q3: What kind of shoes are suitable for swollen feet?
ANS: First and foremost, extra cushioning shoes with nice arch support insoles are well recommended. There are many shoes adding her for you as well which let your foot go wide accommodating any growth that befalls during pregnancy.
Buying relatively wide shoes is a sound step because of frequent changes in feet size due to pregnancy swellings. Along with such capable shoes, don’t forget to wash, dry, and moisturize your feet to abstain from infections.
Q4: Are memory foam shoes good for standing all day?
ANS: Standing all day may create Plantar Fasciitis (PF), a stabbing pain one feels under the soft part of the foot and around the heel. It is usually originated by excessive standing in ill-fitting or unsupportive shoes.
Experts agree that Memory foam helps to reduce the stress and pain of the foot. Memory foam shoes are in high demand among people whose jobs require extensive standing hours. For Nurses, it can ease pressure on the ball of the foot, bestow arch support, cease foot roll, and absorb heel shock.
Q5: How does shoe insole help for feet comfort?
ANS: Happy with the shoe but uncomfortable because of the insole then a quality tip is to buy a separately made insole for desirable comfort and arch support. These insoles are affordable and easily available as per size.
Being a nurse, running is part and parcel of your job. It is proved that with every step while running, the foot is subject to the shock of 2-3 times your body weight. This continuous impact usually causes painful injuries like shin splints, plantar fasciitis, and runner’s knee.
While selecting the best shoes for pregnant nurses, be careful that bad insoles make it hard and painful to run or walk at certain places. Using or adding well standard insoles to your shoes is a good option to reduce such problems. The insole can prevent the foot from sliding in the shoe and improves fit.
Good insoles help to reduce muscle fatigue in feet and legs, stimulating nodes responsiveness while walking. Insoles along with capable cushioning, you can enjoy a comfortable walk.
The latest technology like SweetMax makes insoles helpful to reduce foot odor. Insoles are highly suitable for arch support as well.
Q6: Is there a difference between the chef shoe and the nursing shoe?
Ans: Actually material and design are almost the same and unlike pins. Usually, chef shoes have pins with peppers, cutlery, while nursing shoes have heart and stethoscopes and other themes for nurses.
Q7: How do you decorate your own shoes.?
ANS: Shoe tags in laces: By adding personalized shoe tags in laces having words of encouragement, and team motto your shoe can have a smart look. These are light in weight and usually made up of aluminum with hammered edges.
Shoe Charms: If you’re unsatisfied with the quite simple look of your shoe then adding beautiful charms relating nursing would be a nice option.
Q8: Why do nurses like to wear clogs?
ANS: Nurses usually prefer Clogs, basically for reasonable and better support. Consider them as a pain obstacle for the foot, ankle, knee, and back. In short, clog makes nurses less tired.